Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2009: New Year Resolution

Another 2 more weeks to a brand New Year. Are you excited? Or you are thinking how little you have done in 2008?

You are not alone. New year is always a great time to take stock of our results during the year. Reflecting our past and taking lessons of our experience is a powerful way to make sure we don't make the same mistakes.

Always remember that every challenge you have is a learning curve. You are not a failure when you don't achieve the results. Famous quote from Thomas Edison, "I didn't fail a thousand times. I learned a thousand ways that didn't work"

As a WAHM, I will always categorized my goals in two. The first one will be related to work and the second, of course will be related to work. What are WAHM for right?

For work related:

1) Start it from where you left. Review your old goals and ask yourself these few questions:
Did I managed to achieve it? 
If yes, is there anything that I want to add this year to push myself further?
If not, what do I need to do differently to achieve it?
Or is this goal something that I still want to pursue?

2) Move on writing for next year with these criteria
Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Result Oriented, Time-framed. This is to make sure that your goal is inspiring enough to push you forward.

Home related issue is one of the most difficult to tackle. Why? It is not as easy as 1-2-3. You will be flooded with questions such as:
How do I get the family involved?
How do I keep the house organized?
How can I balance work, home and family?
And much more!

Sit together with your family member to discuss the goals openly and set a practical goals where each of the family member is able to contribute. Always remember family bonding is crucial to keep your sanity.

Good luck!

PS: Please share about your experience setting New Year resolution as WAHM.


.

No comments: